Monday, November 3, 2008

UVU

I was sitting in class today and realized that I have a little over a month left of my career as a UVU student. This thought brought upon several emotions; joy, bliss, excitement, a bit scared for the unknown, sad, and some more. Since this next month is going to be crazy busy I thought I'd take a moment to document what I love, learned and could do without about my past 4 years at UVU.

What I love about UVU:
  • The sweet new Library.. too bad I've only had it the past 2 semesters


  • The smaller classes
  • My program- Psychology rocks!
  • Helpful teachers who care about my future
  • The campus is connected by hallways. I never have to walk in the rain or snow to class!
  • Love sacs
  • Wolverines


What I've learned (besides academia stuff, that would bore you if I wrote all that):

  • Students are always tired and will find anywhere to sleep.. in the hallway, on chairs/couches, the ground, in class, etc..
  • Ratemyprofessor.com is pretty accurate
  • Grades are strongly correlated to the amount of hours spent studying
  • Use the first stall in the restrooms.. it's the one least used (random study from class)
  • I am a BLUE personality
  • I don't have a personality disorder.. fhew, haha!

Things I could have done without or kinda hated:

  • Night classes and early morning classes
  • Busy work
  • Research
  • Teachers who don't realize we have other classes than just theirs
  • Cell phones going off in class
  • Parking
  • The basement of the LA building.. I live there and it gets old

For the most part I have enjoyed my time at UVU. I am glad I am able to finish my schooling and hope to get my Master sometime in the near future. I think my first priority it moving out with my sweet husband to Texas and finding a home and a job... then look into graduate school :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I'm so happy for you! I have one more semester and I can't wait to share your joy and bliss. I like going to UVU too. My reasons is because I feel that we get a well rounded education with different views and perspectives. I'm not trying to dog BYU but you only learn one view. I like being taught an assortment of views.

brynne frei said...

Ashlee! Reading this post just made me laugh because we have had the exact same experience at UVU. Living in the basement of the LA building = my life right now. I just go between classes 021-025. It's so exciting. I'm sad we never had a class together!