Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The trip to Texas...

so we just got Internet this morning so this is a little late but oh well... side note: the pictures didn't turn out very well.. I'm not the best photographer.

We've been in our home about a week now and Phil went back to work yesterday. I am rather bored so I thought I'd update you all on our past 2 weeks.
The road trip:
All I have to say is I don't want to do that drive again for a long time. Even though this trip was better than the one we did in August.

our view the whole drive
My favorite part of the trip was a police officer pulling us over ( we were going 86 in a 80.. eek) and asking us "what's with the Nevada license plates?" Phil's response "um, what do you mean?" my response "you mean Utah?" the officer then agrees with me and says I'll give you a warning this time.. I think Phil was trying not to be smart and correct him. I was too confused to think otherwise.


I wore my glasses on the trip but forgot about the sun problem.. these are two of my inventions to see and block the sun at the same time.. goof

The House:
We started moving our stuff in last Monday and Phil had the whole week off which was awesome. We had so much fun getting settled and spending time together. I haven't done much decorating and I need curtains and such in the rooms but here is a preview of the inside of our home.

It's so fun being in the house. I can't wait until I can actually decorate it. It'll probably be a while until that happens though. Please excuse the nasty brown curtains in our bedroom.. the house came with them (ha ha).


I hope that gives you a good glimpse of our house. I didn't bother taking pictures of the 3 extra rooms because they are a mess. There is a guest room, office/ craft room, and the last room is just full of boxes.

9 comments:

The Halls said...

I take that back...you DO NOT SUCK! Thanks for posting pictures. I love the house. I love your new furniture and how you decorated. I can't wait to see more pix. Love you LOTS!

Morgan Hardin said...

Cute house!! I am so happy that you guys are all settled and that you got there safely! We miss you guys!

Natalie N said...

Oh my goodness! What a great place! Your kitchen is amazing. Looks like you're settling in well. We miss you guys and can't wait to come down and visit some time...
xoxo

Tricia L said...

I love you Ashlee! I miss you! I'm so glad you made it safely! You're house is AWESOME!

Sarah Kjar said...

Ashlee...your house is so pretty! And I'm glad you updated. :) Good luck with things! Love, Sarah

Bobbilynn said...

I'm so jealous of your kitchen! So nice! When can I come visit?

Olivia Jane Designs said...

ASH! Hooray you're in your house and everything! I'm sorry that I've been so non-existent :( My Nan has been fighting cancer the past few months and just passed so it's been a busy/rough period the last 4 months or so. I want to come see you sometime! Zach is all about Texas ;) Love you!

The Winkels said...

Oh my goodness-your house is GORGEOUS. I love it. We miss you.

Victoria said...

I love your house!
And I can't believe you got pulled over for doing 86 in an 80 zone. It must have been a slow drive if he pulled you over for going six miles over the limit :P