Saturday, April 18, 2009

Build- A- Bear

Our niece Lauren's birthday is coming up so while her and her family were in town we had a party for her. I got this great cake pan for my birthday back in January and have been dying to try it.

I had to play doctor and fix the areas the batter didn't fill up

In the end we got a cute princess bear and one happy little girl.


I had so much fun making this cake and I am pretty proud of myself. I have never used fondant before or made a 3D cake for that matter. I can't wait to make another one and try out a different outfit.

Not only was the cake cute but it was yummy too. Here is Andrew enjoying his piece.

9 comments:

Natalie N said...

SO CUTE!! That cake turned out amazing. I'm so impressed with you and your skills!

Mindy said...

AWESOME CAKE! That is really cool. Nice work, Ash! I've never done fondant before, either. Is it as scary as it seems?

The Halls said...

I am so proud. You did such an awesome job. You are a good Auntie!

Ash said...

Can I get a cake like that for my b-day? It's in August so you have time to prepare. :) That's awesome!

The Barrett Family said...

wow good job! thats awesome! we cant wait to see you guys... did morgan tell you we are going to utah the same weekend you guys will be there?

Tricia L said...

That's so cute! I love it!

Lindsay said...

ASH!!! Very cute! I love it!

the holmans said...

beutiful cake, I am so impressed...you are a good aunt and niece and cousin, we love you

Travis and Addie said...

You are SO talented! I wish I was as talented as you.