Tuesday, January 5, 2010

recent happenings,,

:Prepare yourself for a long over due post:

We were so busy in December that it went by so fast. A week before Christmas we had a few families over for a Christmas dinner and some cake decorating. I bought a train cake pan and let the kids decorate their own little cake. It was so fun having so many children in our home that night.

Here's cute Gracie with her masterpiece.
The week of Christmas is a blur and I don't care to remember it. I lived at work and it's so nice to be slow for a little while.

Christmas eve and Christmas day however, was wonderful. We spent lots of time with Phil's Mom, Bob and his brother Todd. This is Rosie opening up her stocking.. somehow Santa came to our house and grandmas house for her. What a spoiled puppy. Oh and yes that is her Christmas dress Phil's Mom got for her.
We took Phil's parent's to the airport Christmas afternoon and decided we didn't feel like cooking dinner that night. Instead we took his brother Todd to TGI Fridays (yes surprisingly it was open and it was amazing).
Our puny Christmas tree.. I guess I should've turned the lights on but oh well. We definitely need to get a bigger tree. This one looks so small in our house.

Phil had 1 1/2 weeks off from work and got so much done around the house. We bought a new (really used car) which he is in love with. Also Phil put this little door in for Rosie. She is still getting used to it but I think she likes being able to go in and outside so easily. New Years Eve we got together with a few friends and played fun games, set off fireworks and ate lots of yummy treats. It was a blast. I borrowed this picture from Julia's blog (hope you don't mind) :)

Now Phil is back to the real world and just jumped into busy season. Too bad right as mine ends his starts up. Good luck Phil, I love you!

Oh by the way my mom comes out next week for my birthday! I cannot wait to see her!

5 comments:

Julia said...

We had so much fun that your house! Sorry I had to leave early with my cranky kids. Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow!

Ash said...

I'm so glad you guys came over that night! We had a blast! And I'm glad no one got blown up. We'll have to get together again some night for dinner when our husbands work really late. :(

Victoria said...

You get to see your mom, yay! :)

Natalie N said...

Great update, Ashlee! I loved hearing about your Christmas and New Year celebrations. Too bad Phil is entering the busy season. Yuck! But I'm excited to hear that your mom is coming out for your birthday. I know you ladies will have a blast!
xoxo

the holmans said...

Good job ash... Keep bogging it helps all those who love you and miss you... Have fun with your Mom... Love you both