Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was amazing! Saturday I made 48 cupcakes for my young women, friends and family. Later that night, Mom and Bob joined us for some egg dying. Wes loved it and as you can see by the pictures, thoroughly enjoyed his cupcake! 

Sunday we woke up and let the boys go through their Easter baskets. Wes was pretty excited about his loot and Owen thought it was the greatest. We got everyone swimsuits and then a few random things like coloring books, books and surprisingly no candy (except Phil got his traditional bag of Jelly Belly's). After opening baskets we quickly got ready for church and enjoyed a beautiful Easter program. I am so thankful for our Savior and for the Atonement. After church we headed over to Mom and Bob's for a beautiful dinner, an indoor egg hunt since it was pouring rain, and a few short videos on our Savior.


Side note: I'm not big on the Easter Bunny. I love Easter baskets but the scary looking bunny at the mall, no thanks. It also doesn't feel natural for me to say, "the Easter bunny came". So instead we said something like, "there is a surprise in the family room for you". Maybe that's weird, but it's me. 




























2 comments:

The Halls said...

Love all the photos. Looks like they both loved Easter :) xo

dana ewell said...

I love naked egg-dying. No muss no fuss! And Owen is hilarious. What a ham :)