Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I survived and am going into hibernation


For those of you who don't live in Texas they have this weekend before school starts called Tax Free Weekend. Basically anything that can be used for school purposes (clothes, shoes, supplies, etc) is tax free. For those of you in retail it's like working Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) but three days in a row (well that's what it felt like in my store). I have survived my first Tax Free weekend and am celebrating my first day off after 9 straight days of long hours sleeping in and being lazy. I think I deserve it right? I have tomorrow off too so I figure I'll get stuff done tomorrow but today is my do nothing day and it feels so good. So if you've been wondering what has happened to the Harrison's we are still alive but nothing much is new. I do have to give a special THANKS to Phil for being a sweet husband and keeping up with the house when I had no more energy to do it. Yep, he is awesome.

6 comments:

The Barrett Family said...

man that sounds crazy! we miss you guys!! We want to come down to texas and visit you guys! i hope everything is going well!

Tricia L said...

I'm glad you're still alive! I was worried! I miss you! Sleep a whole bunch for me!

Victoria said...

That sounds crazy! Where are you working?

Ash said...

Isn't that such a crazy thing? And they are only saving cents on the dollar. Weird Texans. I must admit that I did go shopping that day. I guess I'm a weird Texan too. :)

Natalie N said...

Oh man, if they had a tax-free weekend out here I could save 9.875% on my bill. I would LOVE that!! Tax-free weekend sounds like a blast for shoppers, but I didn't realize that it must feel like 3 days of Black Fridays for you workers. Yikes! Enjoy your hibernation; you deserve it! xoxo

Julia said...

Okay I thought about you over tax free weekend..wondering how things were going. Glad you hear you survived.

What is your day off this week? Let's hang out!