Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Walgreen's experience

Have you ever talked to a lonely, kind elderly man wearing one of these?
Yes, if you cannot tell that is a clown wig. Today I stopped by Walgreen's on my way home to grab some milk and a prescription. While I waited in line an nice elderly man, wearing one of those colorful wigs and an eye patch, talked my ear off for about 15 minutes. I have a weakness for the elderly and I couldn't bring myself to cut the conversation off when I was finished at the pharmacy. He ended up following me to the cashier and then ran out to his truck and came back in to give me this.
Apparently he sells watermelons and wears his clown wig to attract buyers.

Moral of the story- if you run into an elderly man wearing a clown wig please talk to him because it will make his day. Also you might just leave with a huge watermelon and that will make your day. I felt kinda bad talking it for free but he insisted.

2 comments:

Olivia Jane Designs said...

haha I love this. Maybe he has an elderly relative who sells watermelon in Utah lol. I am going to Walgreens today in honor of you :D.

Victoria said...

I like Walgreens, though I have never had anything like that happen to me there :D