Thursday, September 23, 2010

finishing touches...


Living in Texas I felt it appropriate to have our guest room decorated in TX/ patriot decor. I guess you could say it's Americana with some Texas touch. Anyways, I have had it this way for the past year and have cute decorations around the room that go with the theme but have felt like the room was missing something. I found this tutorial and fell in love. Instead of using frames and batting like the tutorial suggests I got art canvas on sale at Hobby Lobby and found it really easy to do. I think I had this project done in less than 30 minutes.
I love little projects like this that are so easy and satisfying. Now if I could get the confidence to finish baby's quilt. Brittany helped me piece all the squares together while in town and now I just need to sew the rows together, add borders and then do the backing... which is kinda intimidating. Baby boy will be here in around 2 weeks and I had hoped to finish it before his arrival. Wish me luck and that I will find some motivation.

4 comments:

Morgan Hardin said...

That room looks so cute! Good job!

Heidi said...

Way to go! You do the cutest things. Hope you're doing well, we can't wait for the arrival of your little man! xoxo

Kristin said...

You are keeping busy doing some super cute crafts! Good job!

the holmans said...

love your projects... you are so talented

cant believe you are going to be a mom, WOW!!!