Friday, October 1, 2010

Baby Boy Update

1st- We really need to choose a name for baby boy because he is going to be here soon and I think he'd be upset if we called him "baby boy" forever.

2nd- My blood pressure was high at my 38 week appointment which worried my Dr and made me go back to the office 2 days later. Luckily it went back down but I have been told to "be a slug". Dr says it's a form of bed rest just not as restrictive :)

3rd- Since my blood pressure has been up and down the whole pregnancy my Dr doesn't want to "risk me blowing up" (his exact words) so... he set a date for me to be induced! We will go in Thursday, October 7th at 6am. That will be exactly 39 weeks unless baby decides to come earlier on his own. We are so anxious to meet our little guy and can't believe how soon he will be in our arms.

4th- We are so blessed to have a wonderful Dr. We love how open and honest he is with us and his good sense of humor makes everything more comfortable.

5th- (This really should be the first thing because it's so awesome.) Phil gets to take off 3 weeks straight after baby is born. We are so excited to have that time to get to know our little guy and figure out being parents together.

In the meantime... We will enjoy our last days as just the two of us.

4 comments:

Breestyle said...

enjoy the rest of the time together alone for sure! I am really excited for you guys. Being parents is the best blessing anyone could ever have. Enjoy!

Heidi said...

You're so close! I'm so excited for you guys. Hang in there! Sure love you!

J said...

If he is born on Sunday you literally have to name him Josh. There are just no other options. Just like if he is born on the 15th you would have to him Phil Junior...or PJ....hope for sunday!

Natalie N said...

WOW!!! How nice that Phil gets 3 weeks off right after the baby comes! And how great that your doctor isn't going to "risk [letting] you blow up." Phew! :) Sounds like you found a great doctor for you guys and that things are going great. We miss and love you tons. Can't wait to see pictures of this new little man.
xoxo