Saturday, October 8, 2011

1st Birthday

ONE... How can this be!?! Now that the party is over and Wesley is tucked in bed I've had time to reflect. I feel like the time has flown by and somehow I no longer have my little baby. After my parents leave I'll write a post about what he's been up to. For now, here are some pictures from the party so you can feel like you were here.

The birthday boy before picking up Grandma and Grandpa Ewell from the airport.

The invite we made

The spread



The cake




The banner I made, one picture for each month alive. It was hard to capture in a picture but I LOVE it.



Wesley's entourage, he loved having them all around him.

I LOVE this photo, all of the kids are so sweet to him.


 


The kids thought it was magic when we cut open the cake. That reaction made all the time put into this cake well worth it (btw- this was the 2nd cake, the first one failed).

He LOVED the cake.


The only picture we got of the 3 of us...

The party favors

After all his friends left Wes just wanted to hang out with Papa and play with his new toys.

8 comments:

Morgan Hardin said...

You know how to throw a good party! I love all of your cute hungry caterpillar favors!

Annie said...

He is NOT one!!! That's way too fast! But, talk about the cutest party ever. You are gifted, girl. Thanks for letting us peek in on a darling party. Xo

Natalie N said...

Oh my freaking word. Seriously. Really? Oh. My. You are amazing. Really. I can't even type the awe that I feel right now after seeing all that you did for cute Wesley's party!

You thought of everything, and you look too beautiful to have worked that hard on a party. I would have been a frazzled mess probably! The pictures turned out so well! Were you using your SLR? Loved all the pics. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I was there!!!! :)

Ash said...

Every little detail was awesome! That was the cutest 1 year birthday I have ever and will ever attend! Happy birthday to Wes!!

dana ewell said...

So glad we were here. Everything was just perfect. Loved the cake. Delicious! And that salad is my favorite! Love you all so much!

The Halls said...

so cute Ash! I love it. He looks like he had a great time! What a sweet boy you have. Ur such a good mommy. Loves!

Julia said...

That was the most AMAZING birthday party! I wanted to take pictures of all the details myself..you thought of everything and it was gorgeous, fun, and tasty too! Wesley looked like he had so much fun. Hooray for your cute big boy!

the holmans said...

the cake and Decoration are the cutest ever! wow what a great idea! I stole the banner and did 12 years for Maxwell can you believe he is going to get the priesthood?