Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It is a great reminder of our Savior and the sacrifices he made for us. Here is a short video that I love. The music is beautiful (*warning* it can make you teary). 

Easter morning Wesley came out and saw that the Easter bunny came. He saw all the baskets and than went straight to the biggest one (his of course). 



He was so happy to get a few new cars.


That morning before church we turned on a Easter veggie tales to help remember the Savior. As you can see Wesley LOVED it and also wanted to sit pretty close to Dad (as did Rosie). 

New shirt and tie for church.




After Church Mom, Bob, and Todd came over for dinner. I forgot to take a picture of the spread but it was all SOO yummy! Marsha brought our favorite potato casserole and ham. We made deviled eggs, a 7 layer salad, cooked carrots, rolls, and some desserts.  

Once we let our food settle a little Phil and Todd hid some eggs in the back yard and Wes had a solo Easter egg hunt. Not much competition but he still loved it. He wanted to open every egg and got jelly beans all over the grass.








Leave it to a toddler to find a way to make jelly beans messy. 

Phil and I made cake pops the night before. My favorite are the chubby chicks but we also did Easter basket and eggs balls. They were delish! I also stuffed strawberries with cream cheese. Those were a hit and Wesley slurped down 2. I have never seen him eat a strawberry so fast. 



We also watched To This End Was I Born. Such a good movie and again made me teary. It is so hard to comprehend the Saviors loving sacrifice. We had such a great day. We only wish we could have been with the rest of our family!

3 comments:

The Halls said...

Love it. I'm so glad you posted these so quick. What a fun day. Wish I was there! Love you.

dana ewell said...

What handsome boys and a beautiful mommy already for church! What a nice family. We love you so much!

Ash said...

Those chick cake pops! SO CUTE! Great job Ash! I'm inspired to make something cute for Calvin's bday now. Wes is really one of the most handsome kids I know. Seriously.