Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

My Mom came in town this past weekend. We really packed in the fun. We went to Fish City, Lupe Tortilla, and Chilis for some yummy food. Shopping at Nordstrom, Pottery Barn Kids, and Target. My mom made a yummy rib dinner and Phil's parents came over to join in on the fun. Phil and I both gave talks in sacrament (not as fun as the shopping and eating, but somehow we found time to prepare them and it was a relief when it was over). Somehow we did all of this and still got our main goal accomplished (to get little mans room done). The baby room took all of Saturday and was more work than we thought but it turned out great and I LOVE it. Here are some pictures of our adventures.

The before picture (from the previous owners)

The border was harder than expected to get off

Still working on the room

Phil building little mans furniturePhil painting the first coat

While I passed out on the couch. Hey I am pregnant.. it's hard work :)The end result!
It's kind of hard to see how nice the green color is because of the lighting.. but I promise it's awesome
In love with his beddingChanging table and my diaper bag (LOVE IT).. Notice the blue tape on the wall? yes we ran out of paint and need to pick up a pint to finish this wall,

One of his outfits we got on the shopping trip.. Can't you picture a mini Phil in this? SO CUTE

The yummy food my mom made
Rosie got to join in and have a a bone too.. she was in Heaven

Us at Lupe Tortilla

We took a ton more pictures however I won't bore you with the rest :) It was so nice to have my mom in town. We miss her already.




7 comments:

Ash said...

I LOVE IT! I love green for boys. That color is perfect. How cute!

Julia said...

SO CUTE! At first I thought the first pictures were of his room, and I thought it was okay cute but not your style..sure enough that was what you took down- I like the green much better! And I am in love with your diaper bag- where did you get that?!? So glad you had such a great time with your mom!

The Halls said...

I love it Ash! Now all you need is baskets for the changing table. Can't wait to see it with the lil' man in the room.

Natalie N said...

Oh my word! I swear you and your mom could pass for sisters. So beautiful!

You could never bore us with thousands more pictures. Loved them all. Excellent work on the baby's room. The crib, walls, bedding, outfits... everything is coming together so nicely!!! How great that you got so much done while she was in town. :)

Missing you guys!
xoxo

Dana Ewell said...

What fun we had... I didn't realize how much we did until I read you list. Wow! We got busy!

Sure love you guys!
Mom

the holmans said...

Good job ASh, I love it.... baby boys are a little slice of HEAVEN!!! The room is to die for, wow I wish I live closer I would bring you dinner...

V said...

The room looks great! I'm so glad you got to see your sweet mommy for a few days :)