Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hobby

I love cooking and baking. I think it's so fun to try new recipes and love getting new cookbooks. Recently I've been hooked on these 3 books.



Some of our favorite dinners are from this book. We've enjoyed each dish we've made out of it and I love that each recipe is paired with its nutrition facts.

I just got this book and cannot wait to use it. I have decided to make all of Wesley's food. I think it'll be better nutrition, better taste and better texture than jarred baby food. I cannot wait to get started and love that I will know exactly what is going in his mouth (I.e. no additives, thickeners, or preservatives). Using these freezer trays I will be able to make multiple portions to last the week! Here is a great website that has recipes too.

I have been obsessed with these! They are a nice twist on a cake/cupcakes. Phil and I have made them twice and we even made 100 cake balls for the YW's New Beginnings. I am excited to try something more challenging than the plain cake ball. These treats are so fun and the Young Women LOVED them.

While I enjoy this hobby of mine I am in need of another. Phil is working a ton so I have not been making big dinners as often. Also I've been trying to diet so making fun treats is way too tempting. If you have any suggestions or things you love to do please send them my way!


4 comments:

Mindy said...

I wish I had known how easy it was to make my own baby food before I had the girls. But like you said, I loved knowing exactly what my girls were eating, it wasn't excessively watered down, and I felt like I was able to offer them more of a variety of foods (they loved avocado!). As a result, they are really good eaters today.

Marguerite said...

I want to make some of the pops with you sometime. sounds fun.

The Halls said...

You're cute. I love you! P.S You should do more crafts.

Morgan Hardin said...

So I saw a commercial on TV and thought of you. It was for the baby bullet. It is the bullet blender, but for baby food. It comes with a whole bunch of accessories to store the food, and it just looked really cool. You should check it out! Good for you for making Wes' food! It always seemed too hard for me to do.