Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day- a little late

Motherhood is truly amazing and I am so thankful for the joy it has brought to my life. Wesley is such a blessing and having him has taught me so much about myself. I am so thankful for all the Moms in my life. I have such great examples (my Mom, Phil's Mom, Grandmas, Aunts, Sisters, and friends). We feel so lucky to have all these fine women to reach out to for advice and comfort.

Phil treated me like a Queen on Mother's Day. He showered me with roses, made breakfast, gave me a sweet card, let me take a nap, and got me an awesome buffet platter. I'm a lucky gal. Later that night we went to Phil's parents for a wonderful dinner. Unfortunately no pictures were taken.

I forgot to take a picture of the gorgeous roses but here is the platter (the 3 sections can be separate). I used the platter for a Teacher Appreciation night for YWs. The YW requested cake balls, I love how they turned out (pic taken on my phone so poor quality).

3 comments:

The Halls said...

What a sweet hubby and I love the tiered display.

Natalie N said...

YUM! And way to go Phil--you keep treating Ashlee right! :)

Dana Ewell said...

Your cake balls are a work of art! You'll have to give us some tips for decorating. Britt wants to serve them at Jack's blessing.