Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recent Crafts


I have been bored during Wesley's nap times and thought it would be nice to pick up a hobby. Phil got me a sewing machine last year for Mother's Day and I hadn't used it very much until now. In the past I have been intimidated to sew because I want things to be perfect and the chances of trying something new and them being perfect is pretty slim. Anyways my sister showed me how to make some burp rags and then I helped some friends make a few car seat covers. It gave me the boost I needed to pick up sewing again.

3 car seat covers were made but this is the one I sewed. I think it turned out pretty good!


My younger sister Brittany recently had a baby (Jack) so I made this one for her. I was amazed at how fast I got this one done. I sent it home with my mom for her and this is it on her car seat.


I made this blanket for Wesley last week and he loves the soft minky fabric on it.


I'm enjoying my new hobby! Unfortunately I didn't choose the cheapest hobby to pick up. Fabric can be so expensive! I got a bunch of fabric the other day and may have started too big of a project... we'll see. I'll post pictures if and when I finish it.

4 comments:

The Halls said...

You're doing great. I can't wait to see what you're making.

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

OHMYGOODNESS!!! I Love the blankey you made him it's sooo adorable! And of course I looove the carseat cover you made me as well ;) Sign up for JoAnn's adds its how you get the steals...

Natalie N said...

Cutest crafts! Way to go, Ashlee!! I totally hear ya... the cuter the fabric, the more expensive the project. Loved seeing your latest stuff!

Dana Ewell said...

I love the latest car seat cover! Who for? Anyway, I love you all and am home safe and sound and missing dad already!

How was your Mother's Day BTW?

Love.
MOM