Wednesday, September 7, 2011

11 Months

Wesley is 11 months today! It's amazing how long pregnancy seemed and how fast his first (almost) year has gone. He has brought so much joy to our family. 

Wes prefers to feed himself. Sometimes he'll refuse to eat off a spoon and I have to put it on his try just to get him to eat. This is what happens with non-finger friendly foods. He makes a mess.

Wes loves story time. He loves turning the pages and looking at the pictures. Sometimes I'll find him on the ground flipping through books on his own.


This toy box is one of his favorite things. One day I was in the kitchen and he was in the family room. Wes started calling out "maaah maa" several times in a nervous tone. I ran in the family room and found him upside down in the toy box. He had fallen inside from trying to reach a toy. I thought it was so cute that instead of crying he called out for me. Now I wish I had a picture of it but I was too frantic to get him out of the box.

 Wes gets into everything! He is so grabby and thinks everything is his. Yesterday I didn't have any fresh fruit  so I got out one of those fruit squeezers and let him try it. After he had a bite I set it on the island to let him eat his fish and started doing dishes. After finishing the dished I realized how quite he was being. I looked over (he was seriously right next to me) and he had grabbed the squeezer off of the island and was chowing down. He got it everywhere but had a blast. 

Some other fun things Wes does:
  • Has great crawler form- he has finally realized it's faster than the bear crawl he was doing
  • Pulls himself up on everything 
  • Is fearless (this scares me) he tries to dive to the ground from your arms, the couch, etc.. 
  • Loves music and starts moving to the beat
  • Is a great eater and wants everything we eat
  • Loves Rosie and chases her all around the house 
  • Has stopped wanting naps (not so fun) he will still take at least 1 good nap but last week he was still taking 3
  • Has one tooth

I'm hoping this month goes really slowly because I am not ready for him to be ONE!




5 comments:

The Halls said...

I can't believe that he fell in his toy box. That is so funny, and his reaction is so cute. I love my lil' boy. I love that he loves books. What a sweetheart.

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

i can't believe he says momma!! can't wait to see you next week!

Breestyle said...

That is funny, he fell in the toy box and had to call you! Kids are so cute! He is an ordorable little boy, and you sound like such a sweet mommy! Love you guys

Victoria said...

I hope this isn't the end of naptime yet!

dana ewell said...

Slow down buddy! You're looking to grown up! I love the pic where he's holding the bedtime book. Just so cute!