Friday, September 9, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a fun relaxing Labor Day weekend. On Friday we got a few things done around the house and ran some errands. On Saturday I worked and then we went to Chili's for dinner. Sunday we went to church and just relaxed. And on Monday we went to the zoo, swam in the neighborhood pool for the last time, and had dinner at Phil's parents. 

Here are some pictures from the Zoo. Wes had a blast. You can't tell by the pictures though because in most of them he is so focused on the animal and wasn't in the mood to preform for the camera.


The giraffes were my favorite. They were so lively. They ran around and played with each other. I have never seen giraffes run or how the process they have to take to sit down. AMAZING animals.

I think all of the animals were out and happy because the weather was FINALLY cool. I love the baby elephants.


The lighting is horrible in this picture but I love the chimp sitting so close to the glass. I think this was Wesley's favorite exhibit. 

The rhinos

He loved the petting zoo. I was amazed at how calm the goats were. 


 Finally letting us capture a smile, even though he's not looking at the camera.

Being goofy in his stroller.


 Eating cheerios at the park while we waited for Phil to pick us up.

We really didn't want Phil to go to work on Tuesday. We knew it would mean his hours would pick up and that our fun summer was coming to a close.

3 comments:

The Halls said...

What a cute family. I never thought my lil' boy could be in a bad mood. I think you guys were pinching him before each picture...cuz he's a happy boy!

dana ewell said...

Fun outing! Be careful goats like to nibble on cute little fingers and toes!

the holmans said...

so cute, he is an absolute doll what a great summer you have had. So sad our summers have to come to an end although fall is my fav.