Wednesday, March 14, 2012

17 Months

Yes Wesley is now 17 months! Phil and I think he grows everyday. He is such a fun little guy. He keeps me laughing and definitely on my toes. 

This past month Wes started/ learned:
  • How to sign "eat/food", "water", and the occasional "please". He loves that he can tell me when he wants food. He used to just use the sign for "more" for when he wanted something.
  • Tries to climb into the bathtub whenever the bathroom door is open (basically that door NEEDS to stay closed because of the bathtub and toilet)
  • Continues to LOVE books and doesn't want Phil to stop reading them at night
  • Can be found with a car in his hand just about anytime of the day
  • Gives kisses and hugs generously
  • Cheeses for the camera
  • Loves being outside, especially at the park
  • Says "HUH" for everything. He knows about 8 words but lately has only wanted to say "huh" when you ask him anything. 
  • Can open the drawers in the kitchen (just started this week and we NEED to get locks)
  • Obsessed with talking on the phone 
  • Refuses to sit in his high chair so we got him a booster seat and he is MUCH happier
  • Still says "AWWWW" when he gives you a hug
  • Has selective hearing already... 
I feel so blessed to have such a sweet little boy. He definitely can try my patience but somehow he'll do something cute and completely change my mood. We have so much fun together. I cannot wait to find out if he'll have a brother or a sister (just 3 more weeks!). 

Here are some recent pictures:

He put his hat on backwards the other day and wore it that way for about 45 min. 

 You can normally find him like this after he wakes up in the morning. It's his favorite place to drink his milk.

Rosie swears the pillow pet is hers.
 

Big boy in a booster seat

constantly driving his cars around the house

and a few snapped from my phone... 




Since I never did a post on it here are a few pictures from Valentine's day.

The Valentines Wes gave his little friends

V-day prizes 

Mom and son date for lunch

I love this boy!

4 comments:

The Halls said...

Oh thank you for these pictures and the updates. I'm going through Wes withdraws. Miss you guys.

Natalie N said...

Gosh, Ashlee! He is looking so grown up! Especially in the big boy booster chair. I love it!! What a personality that kid has!!

dana ewell said...

Oh my goodness. I love the cheesy mug ion the second pic and Wes driving around cars. He just looks soooo big!

dana ewell said...

Love the cute little feet in the Japanese style sitter.