Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Patrick's Day!

 I LOVE holidays, every holiday. I love making them special and enjoying them with family. Growing up my mom always made a green dinner. I have continued this tradition ever since we got married and it is so much more fun with Wesley around now! Another fun thing about St. Patrick's day is that Phil and I had our first official date the day before St. Patty's day (6 years ago). It is always fun to remember that day. Phil was such a trooper and took me to Walmart after dinner so I could get decorations for my work St. Patrick's day party. I knew that day he was a keeper ;-).

For breakfast we had yummy green waffles and fruit. We also had a few treats laid out for us when we woke up.


We gave Lucky Charms with a tag that said, " I'm LUCKY to have you as my friend" to a few of our friends. 

Later that night we had a green dinner and invited Phil's parents. We had a green salad, asparagus, green mashed potatoes, lime-aid and yummy meatballs. 
 

My boys in green. Unfortunately it was taken on my phone so kinda fuzzy.

We also enjoyed a "green" movie by taking Wesley to see the Lorax with Phil's parents. It was a cute show and I have never seen Wes sit so still. He LOVED it!

4 comments:

Sunnie said...

Thanks for the cereal!

Natalie N said...

ha ha! A "green" movie. Amazing that he sat through it!! Looks like a really fun day. I need you to come sprinkle my house with some of your creativity, please!! :)

The Halls said...

Super cute Ash. Wes is one "lucky" boy. Give him xoxox from me. Love ya both.

dana ewell said...

I love you sweetie! Those are good
memories you're making!

Mom
xoxo