Friday, March 16, 2012

Ashley and Charlotte's Visit

Ashley and I have been friends for at least 10 years. We spent almost everyday together in high school and were college roommates. It worked out perfectly that we were pregnant at the same time and that our babies were born 6 weeks apart. We get to see them almost every time I visit Utah but we never have as much time as we want. So naturally it was a dream for her to visit us in Texas. We had a week and a half of fun. We loved seeing the kids play together and it was so nice to have a friend to do everything with. Wesley is in love with Charlotte. He gave her so many hugs while they were here. It broke my heart to see them leave because I knew Wes would be lonely without Charlotte.  We also loved having a little girl in the house. Charlotte even gave Phil some good cuddles. She is such a sweet girl. 

Ashley, Phil and I went to the rodeo and saw The Eli Young Band. Phil's parents were so sweet to watch the kids. I'll have to get some pictures from them because the kids had a blast with them.

The next day we went to the Zoo. The kids loved it, especially getting to run around in the petting zoo.
 






They loved bath time together. 

They are definitely partners in crime. Wes would open up the dishwasher, stand on it, and had clean dishes to Charlotte.


Phil was so sweet and let us have a girls night. It was so nice to go out to dinner without the kids. 

They would start playing as soon as they woke up.

Getting into things again

They wanted to get on the rocking horse together. It was seriously the cutest thing ever.


We got Wes and Charlotte Chucks at the outlet mall. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw little Charlotte in her skirt and pink Chucks. Her legs made me melt.

Double seats at the grocery store = best idea ever!

After a long day of shopping we rewarded them by playing at the park.


We are so glad they were able to visit and miss them already. Wes keeps going into the guest room expecting to see them.

6 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun! charlotte + wes = cutest combo ever! They are hilarious together!

The Halls said...

I'm so glad you guys got to play so long. I'm sure it was much needed time together. I don't know what Wes is going to do now without a partner in crime?? Poor thing.

Natalie N said...

Oh I'm dying at these little twins!! How fun for Wes to have a buddy around 24/7. Sounds like you gals had a BLAST!!

dana ewell said...

What fun mommies you are! And those little kids...it looks like they had so much fun together!

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

You and Ash C. Look Gorgeous in the pic before your "date"! I LOVE Charlotte's Converse, I'm getting Jack the black ones that velcro with the $50 Nordstrom gift card from the cabin, just waiting for him to grow out of his cute adiadas. LOVE YOU!

dana ewell said...

Those funny babies on the rocking horse just makes me smile!