Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gpa and Gma Ewell visit

 It is always so much fun when my parents come in town. Wes played all weekend, went to Lupe Tortilla, did some shopping, and then went to church on Sunday. Monday morning we he hopped in the car and drove to San Antonio (a special thanks to Phil's Mom for letting us use her awesome van). While in San Antonio we walked the Riverwalk, went to the flee markets,  toured the Alamo, ate some great food, shopped the outlets, and toured the San Antonio Shoes Factory. We had a blast and I cannot believe how much we did in 3 days.



This is how Wesley signs "all done". We accidentally taught him the wrong sign for it but it works well. He does it for everything now, not only when he's finished eating but getting a diaper change, etc.

At Salt Grass Steakhouse. Wes wouldn't look at the camera but of course as soon as the waitress goes to take it he pulls off this cheesy move.

The Riverwalk

Wes loved the river tour


Wes was obsessed with the drawers at the hotel. It was so sad when he smashed his fingers in them though.

He was not cooperating with pictures this day... He had enough of the heat.


 At the Alamo

Grandpa gave Wesley a roll and he was in heaven.

At the SAS Factory. Wes couldn't go because of the fumes so we stayed and played outside.


They loved the tour and the the store was so neat. My dad and I got some nice shoes!

On our way home (well about 30 minutes off the freeway) we stopped at Black's BBQ. My dad saw this restaurant on food network and had to got there. The food was pretty tasty.

We enjoyed the food as well. If you cannot tell he got a little goofy. He was so happy to be eating food off of our plates.




We are so glad they came to Texas and we had so much fun going on a mini vacation with them. We cannot wait until the come out in October!

6 comments:

The Halls said...

Super fun ash!! I'm jealous that Britt & Mom & Dad all get to see you before I do in Nov. I'm so sad. I have 95 days to go.

The Halls said...

I love that he turned around to look at the camera at dinner. What a ham!!

the holmans said...

Looks like he got a lot of attention from the G-parents!!! So weird to think my sister is a g-ma... Wish you lived closer so we could mall him too! you guys are such cute parents! love you

dana ewell said...

Such a good visit sweetie! We just love you all to pieces!

Peace out!
Yo Momma

P.S. I am so grateful my children are keeping a history for me!

Candis said...

I've been wanting to go to San Antonio to do all of those same things. Looks like fun! Wesley has the best smile!

Natalie N said...

Awww! Great recap of a great vacation with the grandparents. That picture of Wes turning around for the camera at the restaurant is hilarious. That boy is a ham!

We miss you guys! Just yesterday in the car Annie was saying to her siblings, "Remember when baby Wes growls like this? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." We love you guys!